Current:Home > NewsIndexbit Exchange:Rick Ross says he 'can't wait to go back' to Vancouver despite alleged attack at festival -WealthRise Academy
Indexbit Exchange:Rick Ross says he 'can't wait to go back' to Vancouver despite alleged attack at festival
Chainkeen View
Date:2025-04-07 04:07:19
Rick Ross is Indexbit Exchangedoing well after the rapper was allegedly attacked at a music festival in Canada over the weekend.
The assault reportedly took place after Ross, born William Leonard Roberts II, performed at the Ignite Music Festival in Vancouver on Sunday.
Footage of the attack shared on social media shows a man who appears to be Ross in a verbal dispute with a male festival attendee. The man later throws a punch in Ross' direction, prompting a brawl between the attendees gathered around the two men.
One video shows a man lying on the ground unresponsive following the assault, suggesting he was knocked out during the fight.
Steve Buscemi attacked:Actor is 'OK' after he was assaulted during walk in New York City
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
USA TODAY reached out to representatives for the Ignite Music Festival and the Vancouver Police Department for comment.
On Monday, Ross shared a photo of himself on his Instagram Story, in which he can be seen posing in front of a jet plane. The “Champagne Moments” emcee did not mention the attack in the post. “Vancouver it was fun, till next time,” he wrote.
Rick Ross calls Vancouver ‘a beautiful city’ after alleged music festival assault
Ross addressed the alleged altercation at Ignite Music Festival in a statement to TMZ published Monday.
The rapper said no one on his team “suffered any serious injuries” following the assault, according to the outlet. "Vancouver is a beautiful city, and (I) can't wait to go back," he added.
In an email to USA TODAY on Monday, a representative for Ross said the rapper and his team “are all well” after the fight.
The conflict at the festival reportedly began after Ross closed his set by playing “Not Like Us,” a diss track by Kendrick Lamar aimed at Canadian rapper Drake, per TMZ. The song can be heard playing in the background in footage of the attack.
More hip-hop news:'Altercation' at Drake's Toronto mansion marks third police-involved incident
Released in May, “Not Like Us” is one of several diss tracks from the rap feud between Lamar and Drake. In the track, Lamar seemingly skewers some of Drake's faux pas in the public eye, including the removal of his AI-assisted song "Taylor Made (Freestyle)" and allegations of grooming against the “Hotline Bling” emcee.
Lamar and Drake's feud goes back more than a decade to 2013, when Lamar rapped on the Big Sean song "Control" about how he wanted to "murder" Drake and other prominent rappers.
Ross and Drake have also traded musical barbs recently. Ross released the diss track “Champagne Moments” in April, which was followed by Drake’s “Push Ups” just days later.
veryGood! (16753)
Related
- Biden administration makes final diplomatic push for stability across a turbulent Mideast
- Next up for Eddie Murphy? Possibly another 'Beverly Hills Cop' movie or perhaps Broadway
- The 8 best video games of 2024 (so far)
- Taylor Swift brought back this song cut from Eras Tour for surprise set in Amsterdam
- What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
- National Fried Chicken Day is Saturday: Here's where to find food deals and discounts
- Want to buy or sell a home? How to get a 3% mortgage rate, negotiate fees, and more
- World Aquatics executive subpoenaed by US government in probe of Chinese doping scandal
- The Daily Money: Spending more on holiday travel?
- Sierra Leone outlaws child marriage. Even witnesses to such weddings can face jail time.
Ranking
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Pink's undisclosed health issue and the need for medical privacy
- Lynx forward, Olympian Napheesa Collier injures foot
- Shilo Sanders' bankruptcy case: How alleged actions in youth led to $11 million debt
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- From Illinois to Utah: July 4th firework mishaps claimed lives and injured dozens
- An electric car-centric world ponders the future of the gas station
- Ronaldo comforts disconsolate Pepe as Portugal’s veterans make cruel exit at Euro 2024
Recommendation
Why Sean "Diddy" Combs Is Being Given a Laptop in Jail Amid Witness Intimidation Fears
4th of July Sales You Can Still Shop: $2 Old Navy Deals, 60% Off Pottery Barn, 85% Off J.Crew & More
World Aquatics executive subpoenaed by US government in probe of Chinese doping scandal
'Attitude just like mine': Serena Williams pays emotional tribute to Andy Murray
Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
Lindsay Hubbard is pregnant! 'Summer House' star expecting after Carl Radke split
Golden State Warriors land guard Buddy Hield from 76ers after Klay Thompson's exit
For some toy sellers, packing shelves with nostalgia pays off